Field Coordinator (Oakland)/Field Department
SEIU Local 1000, a progressive public sector labor union is seeking a Field Coordinator who lives and breathes worksite organizing for our Field Department. If you’re an experienced organizer who has trained, directed and led organizers, a tireless advocate for the rank-and-file, and excel at both strategy and tactics, please apply. The ideal candidate will be experienced in supervising a team of dedicated union organizers, be creative in mobilizing volunteers, and expert at running campaigns.
We represent 95,000 California state employees in nine different bargaining units. Represented employees include professionals, educators, nurses and administrative and support employees. Local 1000 has approximately 230 employees who work in six offices throughout the state.
This position is open in Oakland, California.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Plan and implement worksite campaigns.
• Train, develop and direct activities of field representatives and organizers.
• Coordinate, identify and develop worksite leaders and stewards.
• Create and maintain lists, charts and databases.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• 3 years experience in large organizing campaigns.
• 2 years experience leading or supervising staff, assignments, projects and timelines.
• Experience with collective bargaining, representation and database management preferred.
• Ability to establish and maintain rapport and credibility with diverse demographic groups, as well as with professional, technical, administrative and service workers.
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
• Occasional overnight travel required.
• Valid driver's license, car and insurance.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
USE THE LINK BELOW to send us information about who you are in a cover letter and resume with your current salary. **Cover letters should describe your qualifications, experience and career goals, as well as a brief description of why you want to work to realize SEIU Local 1000’s vision for building a strong union.
SEIU is committed to building a diverse workforce. We offer excellent benefits, including fully paid health benefits for employee and family, pension plan, liberal paid time off and competitive salary. All applicants must be able to furnish proof of authorization to work in the United States.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information online at UNIONJOBS.COM.