With 120,000 members SEIU 32BJ is the largest union representing property service workers in the country. Our members have fought for and achieved high standards for private and public sector property service workers, and we continue to fight for higher standards for the thousands of unorganized workers.
SEIU 32BJ is growing quickly by organizing workers who are fighting for a living wage, affordable healthcare, respect, and a voice in their future. We are committed to transforming the lives of janitors, security officers, food service and other service workers.
We are seeking Coordinators to direct and win comprehensive campaigns within our industries.
Positions are available in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington D.C., and Miami.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
• Creating and managing winning campaigns in coordination with the appropriate departments and union officers.
• Developing campaign plans for multiple companies, multiple regions, and multiple staff teams.
• Developing campaign message.
• Implementing plans with community allies.
• Managing and leading teams of staff and members to carry out campaign plans.
• Writing and implementing individual staff development plans.
• Leading staff by example, setting high standards in work ethic and professional approach to the work.
• Articulating a positive vision of the project and of the union.
• Participating in creating the overall plan to move the union forward.
Previous experience running campaigns is a must. A demonstrated commitment to social justice is required.
• Requires an in-depth understanding of union organizing including how to oversee large field campaigns and develop and run comprehensive campaigns.
• Willingness to travel, work long hours, nights, and weekends.
• Sharp communications skills.
• Advanced writing and computer skills.
• The ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
• Fluency in a second language is a plus.
• A car and a valid driver’s license are required.
Competitive salary based on experience, **full benefits package including retirement, 100% employer-paid family health and dental insurance, and a car allowance. This is a salaried position.
Email a cover letter, résumé, and three references to Deirdre Lehn at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference Coordinator in the subject line of your email.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information online at UNIONJOBS.COM.